Prices and requirements
Price for the trip (Summer Culinary Adventure to France July 6-14, 2018) is $2650 (USD) based on double occupancy. Please add $600 for a single room. Couples sharing a room save $200 off total cost.
- All accommodations (Hotels, and Chambres d’hotes (bed and breakfasts)).
- All transportation within France and Switzerland including transfers to and from the airport.
- Most meals including restaurants and hosted meals. Wine included with hosted meals and apéritifs.
- All tours, tastings, and demonstrations.
- Two cooking classes.
- Airfare. Please make arrangements to arrive at the airport in Geneva, Switzerland on the morning of Friday, July 6th. Transfer back to the airport on the morning of Saturday July 14th.
- Wine, beer, and other alcohol purchased at restaurants or bars is not included
- Travel insurance (highly recommended). We recommend World Nomads.
- Not suitable for people who cannot eat dairy or gluten.
- Not recommended for vegetarians.
- Must be ready for long days with rigorous schedule (though we will have down time to relax as well).
- Must be in good physical shape. Able to stand for up to 3 hours and able to hike on steep and rocky terrain (but not technical) for several hours while carrying a daypack.
- Able to deal with occasional early mornings or late evenings.
- Some hotels may have limited air-conditioning.
- Able to carry your luggage up several flights of stairs.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, willing to explore a new culture, and work well with others.
- Flexibility-This trip is an “Adventure” and there is some flexibility left in the schedule to account for spontaneous opportunities (sunset hike, boat ride, early morning baking session, etc) associated with Adventures.
- French language proficiency a plus but not required (translations will always be provided during activities).