Let us introduce ourselves
A few words about us
Saveur the Journey is an outdoor adventure company specializing in culinary and cultural tours in France, Sweden, Japan, Italy, and the USA. Our connections with local ski and fly fishing guides as well as farmers, winemakers, chefs, and food artisans allow for exclusive and unique experiences.
As a trained anthropologist I have been fortunate enough to live abroad in some fantastic places. France seduced me the first time I visited and I made it a priority to spend more time there and indulge in its culinary and cultural delights. While teaching English in a French culinary school I was also able to work and live on an organic vegetable farm in a small French village. I cultivated many friendships with all kinds of people, but especially with artisan food producers as my culinary curiosity led to short internships and stages. My fluency in French and a love of food and cooking gave me a “backstage pass” into many bakeries, butcher shops, farms, cheesemakers, and other food producers and farmers.
Saveur the Journey is about sharing the wonderful experiences I have had in France, Switzerland, Sweden and the US. My unique perspective and position allows me to introduce others to an experience that differs from other tourist companies.
Read more about Aaron Schorsch and Saveur the Journey in these articles published by Salon, Backpacker Magazine, The Courier Journal, Davidson College, Wildsnow.com, and New Venture Advisors:
- I spent nine days in France getting a behind-the-scenes taste of the world’s best food–Dana McMahan (Louisville Courier Journal)
- Backcountry Skiing in the Wallowas–Eli Bernstein (Backpacker Magazine)
- C’est délicieux! Debunking the myth of haute French cuisine in my Old Louisville kitchen–Dana McMahan (Louisville Courier Journal)
- For the love of all that is delicious, why don’t we eat duck more often in this country?–Dana McMahan (Salon.com)
- Homegrown ideas take root in the classroom– (Davidson College)
- Immersion into the French Food System–Kathy Nyquist (New Venture Advisors)
- Valley Blanche Gourmet-Aaron Schorsch (Wildsnow.com)
“I cannot speak highly enough of Aaron…he is fun, smart, insightful, a good problem-solver, fluent in French and the ways of Haute Savoie, tells great stories, and brings a rich educational and professional background to his work. I would go again anytime!”
“Aaron at Saveur the Journey offers excellent, well thought out vacations for the adventure and culinary enthusiast.”
“Aaron’s relaxed manner and intimate knowledge of the people and food culture of the area made for a unique experience. His love for the people and their way of life was infectious.”
Saveur the Journey supports the following non-profits for their work in conservation, preservation, education, and outdoor activism.